The 2014 National Electrical Code® allows for Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) AFCI receptacles to be installed under various conditions to provide arc fault protection.
Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) Receptacles protect against arc faults in wiring resulting from damaged insulation and other causes that can lead to electrical fires.
- Protects against arc faults in wiring resulting from damaged insulation and other causes that can lead to electrical fires
- Tamper-resistant products comply with 2014 NEC® Article 406.12 for all dwelling units
- Meets and exceeds 10 kA Short Circuit Testing and Underwriters Laboratories UL 1699A and UL 498 Safety standards
- Ground termination with backwire clamp provides secure wiring and reduces installation time
- Line side terminals are backed out and staked for fast installation
- When downstream receptacles are wired from load side, a 20A feed-through rating offers full protection
- Tri-combo head terminal and mounting screws